To help you get ahead of the coming demand for service, we’ve created this checklist of tasks that you may be able to tick off in advance.
In addition, we’ve developed a set of steps for returning faculty, staff and students that are designed to simplify their transition — ideally reducing the service requests you’ll receive during the initial return. You can find those steps here.
SCAD/DCS Return to Campus Checklist
- Speak with your department manager about dates and times staff are allowed on campus for support/updates
- Inventory equipment and reorder as needed, factoring in longer fulfillment times for computer purchases at this time
- Consider necessary hardware repairs or service in advance, where possible, to shorten turnaround times
- Test all department printers and copiers
- Test onsite computers and monitors
- Reset/reauthenticate after certificate updates or devices fallen off the domain
- Initiate software updates as needed to onsite equipment
- Check login scripts
- Test conference displays, classroom, A/V and lab equipment
- Develop and/or participate in department “connection clinics” and other proactive communications
- If in a building with Salto doors, remind staff to touch their ID card against a local Salto hotspot to refresh their door access